• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ok finally got time to put motor back together!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i have actually already done the block and the head.... with all new bits... and all balanced back to the flywheel. compression at a healthy 9.5:1 and the "squish" is set!

just have to put them together and whack on timing gear and oil pump and ancillaries...

which brings me to my questions... i have done a mental run through and i have all new parts EXCEPT:

1. the funny little clips that hold the timing chain guides in place

2. cam sprocket

3. tensioner spring (i have a new plug)

can anyone give advice on how essential these are? the sprocket looks in pretty good condition with no really obvious shiny spots.....

cheers

ozgeorge

Guest Anonymous

j/k man : )

always, always, always. If its the difference of a few bucks and a few days between new/used when your inside something (like a engine) that's hard to get back into later, opt for the NEW STUFF MAN.

just my 02 cents or 02 lack of sense

Guest Anonymous

chains, sprockets or associated parts unless the parts are essentially new to start with (like if you'd just put on a rebuilt head & new cam, then cracked a block or had some other non-lubrication related catastrophic failure) - not worth the risk for the minimal replacement cost.