• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wheel offset for Schnitzer flares

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have the Schnitzer box flares on my race car and am wondering if anybody knows the best offset for a Panasport wheel (15x7) to fit without spacers.

Guest Anonymous

..The car that I'm working on previously had fender flares and 7" x 15" 3-pc. wheels. The wheels have an offset of approx. 13mm. The backspacing (from the mounting surface of the wheel to the inner-most edge of the rim) measures approx. 4-3/8". These wheels completely filled the fender, barely allowing enough space for the car's coil over suspension components.

Guest Anonymous

If you race that car, chances are that you are using 225.45.15 tires. Those would require an offset of around 12 to 15mm to clear the struts if you have coil-overs.

Then how wide are you fender flares? My guess is that with wheels with ET0 it should fit.

But when comes the time to sell those wheels, you are gonna have lotsa problems as they will not fit any car. Why don't you buy wheels with an offset of 25mm and buy 25mm H&R wheel spacers and long studs?

Guest Anonymous

How much more clearance do you have over stock? What size are your tires? Any suspension mods? All these questions must be answered first.

Guest Anonymous

I am just setting my car up with the same wheels, tires and flares. I got the Panasports with an offset of zero and am using 10mm spacers in the front and 20 mm in the rear. With this aoofset and spacers the tires just rub the flares in the rear and clear the fronts by just a hair. Note that spacers were chosen to ensure track requirements were not exceeded, not neccesarily to clear the flares. Be prepared to cut out the inner front fenders near the valance ahead of the wheels and where the floor meets the firewall.