• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How my racing season went

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I won FP in the Oregon region, came in second in the PacNW division. Set a new track record at PIR. Set a new track record at Thunderhill. Won a national race overall in May in the rain. Was honored with the regional driver of the year award in the Oregon region. http://www.oregonscca.com/loudpedal/centerfold/December_03_Centerfold.pdf

And wrecked my race car. Now I have to build an even faster one. G

Guest Anonymous

that there were exactly 3 people running 2002s in the NW this year. If everything goes as planned, there'll be 4 next year!

Gordon, I'm starting to see why you're running in FP... if I end up with Mike's car, I'm going to scrounge for tii bits, I think. Not that it's going to matter much the first season or 2!

And wasn't your car orange a couple of seasons ago?

Toby

Guest Anonymous

Hey Gordon do you think you could give me some details on the jig that you made for bending the struts? I'm gonna be doing that soon.

Guest Anonymous

I used a chunk of 8" channel. Driled holes to fit the caliper holes and the center spindle hole. Bolted the strut to the channel and used a press or bottle jack

to bend to the amount I wanted. G

Guest Anonymous

No, It's always been this color. I have always rced with a white 2002. I did have a blue 325IS that I ran for a couple of years. The only orange one that I can think of is Terry Flanigan's. He races in vintage. G

Guest Anonymous

1. how did you measure the bend

1.5 and what measurement did you arrive at?

2. where did strut bend?

3. where did you push?

Sounds pretty straight forward-Thanks for the info

Guest Anonymous

Bending struts in order to add camber is a great method that was alrady used in the heydays of BMW. Alpina used to do that in the late sixties. Great if you have flares and the distance between the tire and the strut is greater than an inch or so.

If your car has no flares and wheels are tucked within the fenders, that certainly means that the tires are less than 1/4 inch away from the strut. If you bend the strut to add camber, the upper part of the tire will move inward, touching the strut. You will be required to use spacers to move the tire away from the strut.