• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

quaife rear end, worth the coins? swapping out rear end wort

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

bad tire wear.

Dangerous rain driving.

potiental gear shread hand granade waiting to happen.

he has the right idea. do it once. do it right. spend the money.

if i had the money i'd have a quaife (or some queif ...um, nevermind)

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

It is an engineering marvel, probably and overkill

for my stock 130hp tii (in a good day). If you have

more hp then the quaife is probably the ticket. A

regular 40% lsd is just as adequate for racing or

spirited driving. It comes down to personal choice,

opinion, feel, biases and values. I was intrigued by

the technology and at that time I could afford it.

One of "bad" thing about the quaife is that you need

both rear wheels on the ground for it to work...so

don't go 4 wheeling with it

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

I spoke to Quaife about a set up for my Inka. BUT: speak to Dubois fiorst: he has the real deal in his car and there is a lot more involved than just the purchase from Quaife. You casically have to build a differential, and you will need those skills or find someone who has the components and the skills. Michael is the best source in this rarified area for info. You are also looking at a grand just for the Quaife gear, and $X for the rest. Sizeable investment. Might consider a 3.90 LSD built by the guy who does diffs for 2002 AD: he can build any rate you want, any configuration you need. Knows his stuff and has the parts. I think his name is Bob- not sure. Call Nelson and ask about it. I spoke to the diff builder 2 simmers ago in SLO about my 3.64: we thought it was a rare original 2002 3.64 LSD. When I replaced it after it started to go, i discovered it was not the coveted original 2002 3.64. Not worth rebuilding. I like the 3.90 better. Run them in both cars. 25% lock was spec. I think my Sahara has been built to 40%. Both are from 3 series. Good luck. Email Dubois about the quaife stuff.

Guest Anonymous

I plan on doing the same thing... ever try to find a long neck 3.64 LSD? Pretty damn hard. So I'm opting to upgrade to the quaife.

I did put a quaife in my new Mini Cooper S w/JCW kit. It litterly transformed the car! and made more of a difference than the JCW kit did... but the two combined are killer.

WH

Guest Anonymous

It's great on FWD cars, especially when the Acura Integra type R is in the same class as you (they have factory LSD) in auto x.