• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

losing coolant, i dunno where from? dripping from the back

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

it drips from the back of the oil pan and the front end of the tranny. . . but i dont know where its leaking from, front hoses are intact. . . ?

Guest Anonymous

Could be from several areas...best way to check is to pressure test the system when it is stone cold...you will find ALL the leaks this way.

Could be the rear heater hose leaking..or one of the freeze plugs on the side of the block..or the worst...the freeze plug in the back of the block...needing to pull the trans to replace it

Guest Anonymous

it's the one on the dipstick side of the engine and towards the back where the hardline connects to the flexible hose on the return side of the heater. If that is leaking it will drip where you have the problem. Also possible the supply side is leaking, but I have no experience with that one as far as leaks.

Guest Anonymous

i finally took a closer look at things and coolant is pooling up on the block near the engine mount, on the dipstick side. but i cant see it leaking out of anywhere? there's the bolt for the engine ground. . . there's another bolt directly next to it, but it's not leaking anything if its a plug bolt. .

Guest Anonymous

a outlet for water choke right above the starter motor near the top of the rear most freeze plug, might be leaking.....Marty....

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

wall: the 2 hoses that go through the firewall to your heater, are part of the system and they have gone out on me this year in Sahara. They fatigue over time. They never get replaced in a standard hose replacement . Check them both for integrity- Especially where the hose clamp tightens the hose- that is where my "breach" occurred". you may also see some spash and smell some coolant on that area. that would explain the rear-ward coolant position. Caution: there are differences in the hoses between tii and 2002, and parts guys rarely realize this. The hoses are about $20 each. dealers still have them . Justmake sure they know which isde hose you need and what year/model your car is. that all makes a dsifference apparently. They made different sized hoses. there is in and out. driver's side and pax side. they have different "kinks" to tell difference, and length is diff. too. Finally, the grommet that protects the hose from the firewall metal is no doubt going to crumble to pieces when hose removed. You can try to find one that big..... i ended up buying a table leg rubber cup ( to protect floors) and eyeballed that it was correct size for use. cut out middle of the rubber and used the continuous circle surround as a grommet for the new hose. works like charm. Not OEM: but try finding one of those firewall grommets when you want to compete the job.... See if that is your problem- it surely might be someone's problem now, or soon to come. Good luck.

Guest Anonymous

The left side of the car is always the left, no matter where the observer is standing. "driver side" is relative; it's the right side in Japan, England, etc.