• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement washer bottle cap? Mike Self--any ingenuitive (

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

The rubber breather cap on my VDO windshield washer bottle is brittle and falling apart. Anybody have any neat ideas for replacement?

TIA

Chuck

Guest Anonymous

For what its worth, I used a Gatorade bottle top for a while, screwed on perfectly and didn't leak. Though I did this here in Australia which might have a different bottle to North America.

Guest Anonymous

I picked up one new via Bavarian Autosport, although when I fit it to the bottle on my car the cap spun around as though the dimensions had been altered. You might be best served by locating a used cap that isn't terribly scratched. As time passes the plastic of both the cap and bottle darkens a bit - aestetically speaking it would look best to match a used reservior bottle to a used cap. Unless the '02 is concours, a new cap looks a bit strange on an old reservior - fits better too! Good luck.

Mike K.

'74 Malaga '02

Guest Anonymous

take the empty bottle down to a pharmacy and see if you can find a non-child proof pill bottle cap that'll fit. Don't forget to poke a hole in the center to prevent a vacuum forming...Let us know if you find a match.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I went to her spice cabinet and took the tops off several of her store bought spice bottles until I found one from, of all things, sprinkles that you put on Xmas cookies. Bingo! Maybe tomorrow I will try the aspirin bottle.

Thanks for the ideas,

Chuck