• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remote Oil Filter, slim-line block fitting wanted.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'd like to find a replacement fitting for the M10 block that allows me to mount a remote oil filter.

I've looked at sandwich plate adapters, but would rather have something that replaces the entire filter housing.

Thanks!

John N

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://perma-cool.com/Catalog/Cat_page34.html

If you are asking for a bolt-on-the-block fitting, like that auction had, I think those are custom made. If you want to gain better flow, make your system with proper angled hose ends where needed, not the angled adapter fittings that were pictured in that ebay auction. The fittings don't flow thru an angle as well as the proper hose ends.

The OE filter head can be fitted with a remote filter adapter. There are plenty available that will work, as the fitment is the same as many common Fords, etc.

Most adapter plates usually are sold with 1/2" NPT outlets, which is a bit skimpy.

The ones in the link above are made a bit better, with -10 o-ring ports & are anodized. But they are still at a very reasonable price. This is the "competition" line from Perma Cool, who are better known for their cheaper kits seen at retail part stores.

Here's the costs for the same adapter + a remote dual filter mount from Summit's online catalog:

PRM-61221 FILTER MOUNT ANODIZED PERFORMA $39.39

PRM-60111 ANODIZED ADAPTOR 1-16 $19.39