• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

having best buy install a cd deck and front speakers, yay or

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

and where can i have them put the front speakers? i was thinking the sides of the center console? i dont like the idea of cutting those, and i dunno if there's sufficient room. . . . ???

Guest Anonymous

results may vary.

Best place to mount front speakers: Surface mounts on the carpeted kick panels on each side of the front footwells. Just make sure they mount the left side speaker so it'll clear the hood release handle when it's in the open position.

Second best location: in the cardboard under-dash panels at the far left and right sides of the car. Main drawback with these is that it's hard to mount speakers larger than 4.5-5" in diameter.

Bad place: anywhere you have to make irreversible cuts, like the door panels or sides of the console.

Cheers

Mike

Guest Anonymous

maybe a professional, stereo only shop, but most of them are just about BS in the end as well. Just make sure you are comfortable with whoever does it! -Reid

Guest Anonymous

i installed my stereo myself. but i built my own center console and have two 6" satallite speakers on either side of my center console, but you cant really hear them. my 6x9's behind the backseat really overpower the two in front. i have no idea where else to put speakers, but i wouldnt let bestbuy install anything. hope that helps a little. oh and im pretty sure there is room in the stock console for speakers.

-mike

Guest Anonymous

is free. . . and my center console still isnt in the car, and my current stereo isnt working, and i just finished re wiring the engine bay and never wanna touch a multimeter or piece of wire again. . . would it be so bad to have them wire it up, and that's it? i've decided i'm trying to make due with the PO's front speaker. . . two speakers that look like they're for outdoor speakers (encased), hanging from beneath each underdash panel. . . maybe take 'em out. . .

Guest Anonymous

The install is non-standard and they will probably not have the expertise.

If you don't want to do it yourself, go to a custom shop.

Guest Anonymous

part of the hazard switch it was design from bmw for a radio. Now to run a constant 12v for preset stations and clock, I found only one source and is the red/yellow wire attached to the cigarret lighter. If you need any pics let me know. For the front speakers mine were installed on the bulkhead under the rear seat. I'm planning on adding some tiny ones upfront.