• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973tii - is that an e12 or 121 cylinder head?(nt)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

head switched from 121 to E12 at APPROXIMATELY VIN 2762372 in 9/72; I have an inquiry in to Mobile Tradition to confirm this. Model year 73 tii started with VIN 2762630. Dunno about non-tii. YMMV.

Guest Anonymous

Someone chime in if they have evidence to contradict this, but I researched this a while back in the old parts books and microfishe. It looks like the initial changeover to the E12 took place at vin 2761944 and continued until vin 2762014, then they switched back to the 121 for vins 2762015- 2762372, then again to the E12 for vins after 2762372. Those vins also correspond with the use of plastic vs metal runners.

Matt

Maximillian Importing

Guest Anonymous

That's similar to what Bob Murphy of the tii Register told me a few days ago, and it would explais the cryptic VIN notes in the Parts Catalog. He said the factory made the changeover to the new engine, then used up a batch of old engines they found, then switched back to the new engines. Don't know the VIN specifics, but Bob is checking with MT.