• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOT, got me a winter car...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

VolvoDanFrt.jpg

URL: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/talkshop/forum/messages/92252.html

Check out my reply to Nevada's reply to Al's Volvo post below for a few details, but yeah, it's a Volvo; I didn't want to mess with nursing that GTI I mentioned a while back from Pennsylvania to Kentucky with a bad tranny, and the Volvo was too good a deal to pass up.

Goin' for the most rambling sentence award,

-Dave

Colorado '71

and now an '87 Volvo 740ti 5-spd

Guest Anonymous

volvos are cool :) the first car i drove was a 78 244dl that my parents bought new the year i was born (safe car for the kid....) i wrote it off when i was 18 but it saved my life! yay!!

someone below appears to have acquired a COUPE!! now that is a coveted volvo.

drive on!

ozgeorge

Guest Anonymous

My wife had a regular 740 GLE when we met...clapped out suspension, terrible electrics and almost 200k miles on the clock...but it ran great and was actually fun to drive, pitching it around corners while shouting "hard to port, ye scurvy bastard, hard to port!!"

Wish I had known about the bad harnesses those cars had, and the availability of replacements...I might still have that one as a winter beater today.

Again, nice Volvo!

Tim

'76 2002

'03 Golf (almost bought a 240 wagon instead)

Wants a MCS

Guest Anonymous

If you are referring to my Volvo it is actually the 1800ES "The sports cat that hauls". Built 72-73 approx 8000 produced. Mine is a 72.

Guest Anonymous

www.ipdusa.com -floormats and more!

www.eeuroparts.com -same day shipping with great prices!

Does it have nivomats? -you can tell it it's dragging the rear end.

Guest Anonymous

200204.jpg

the thing will run like a tank in the snow! just keep an eye on that turbo and let it 'spool down' before shutting it off and put high(er) octane gas in it.

i left my first car a 240 turbo, at home when i went to college and my dad was nice enough to NOT listen to what his son about the turbo and the gas ("i'm not putting expensive gas in your (non)expensive car")

3 months later he calls me and say 'hey i think there is something wrong w/your car...it won't drive for shit!!

have fun w/it man!

dave

Guest Anonymous

...those plastic bucket mats from ipd look like the ticket for winter.

eEuroParts' web system won't work for me; it says nothing is listed for any car I enter...

But thanks anyway.

-Dave

Guest Anonymous

is a true Swede car nut and can answer a lot of questions via e-mail or over the phone. I don't know if those IPD mats are the genuine Volvo mats, but after riding around in a 760 Turbo for 6 years The plastic mats are great, there're acctually more of a rubbermade-ish material.

I good friend of mine just sold her 760 turbo (the vary one I was carted around in during HS/college) after 300,000 trouble free miles.

The new owner brought it to a quick lube place and they forgot to refill the engine oil. It died less than two weeks after the sale :-(

Guest Anonymous

fae043db.jpg

URL: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2444361586

Between my dad and I, we've had about 7 or 8 of them in the family. From brand spankin' new 745ti, to a brand new 850T5-R, to my newest(and ugliest) 79 245DL. I was looking for a 745ti, but the 245 fell into my lap, so I'll take it. I'm thinking V8 swap, but I see an 83 760t for sale in the local paper for $250. Could be a good turbo donor!

Al

Guest Anonymous

It has a bad motor, which is very rare I hear, although it does has 353k miles on it. I got the car and a replacement motor for $600. Looks like its been garaged most of its life too. Not my cup of tea, but I'm fixing it for my Uncle who needs a commuter car...

Dan