• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK you left coasters. Speed Channel has 2003 Monterey Histo

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

Luckiest man in the car world, Alan deCadenay, hosted a show featuring vintage racing at Brooklands, Britains's first road course... The Important stuff- I spied a Neu Classe racing in a group with a bunch of cool 1960s cars, and there may be some 2002 action too( it is a 2 part show). I meant to go to the Speed website to confirm exactly which show I saw and when part 2 will be shown. The Monterey Historics show: that must be a repeat of the coverage they showed during/ right after the event. I need to tape the whole show: great racing cars in all classes. Finally, Alan, again, gets to drive the rarest Jaguars in the "making of a legend" series, ( or some such), including the only production mid engine V12 "XJ-13" ( ca 1965), which is absolutely beautiful and way ahead of its time. We ( BMW enthusuasts)need to convince Alan and Speed to do a similar series on the BMW: they have done Porsche, Ferrari. Alfa, and some others. You can buy the show video tape with enhanced sound too, if you are really into these Marques. All the cars he drives are donated for the show by the owners, usually mega rich private collectors, and collection trusts. He really lets the cars rip on closed-off public rural roads, with great sound and rolling action. I would love to see him do his thing with classic BMWs , of course, including every variant of the 2002!

Guest Anonymous

Trans Am under 2.5 liter class. I'm old enough to remember the classic battles in the '70s against the Alfas Gtvs and Datsun 510s. Too bad, Boris Said retired with mechanical problems. A couple of Ginettas, which has a much more favorable power-to-weight ratio dominated.

Guest Anonymous

I saw the first 5 minutes, before I had to dash off to class. Some 1930s cars were heading into the corkscrew just as I switched it off.

:(

Guest Anonymous

00000021_G.jpg

Hopefully they had a closer view of this spin than I had from the hill at the corkscrew...

The 02's dominated the preliminary heat (where they started in the middle of the pack and finished out front), but had mech issues and a wee spin in the afternoon race unfortunately...can't wait till next year!!

-s