• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

turn on SPEED channel -vintage "touring car" raci

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I guess the displacement has limitations. The race was dominated by --get this-- Ford Falcons. The humongous Ford Galaxie, all 428 cubic inches of it, did surprisingly well on such tight track. I think he wound up smoking the brakes.

Anyways, many other cars had no trouble keeping in front of the 1800tisa. The Mini, the Jag sedan, the 1600cc Cortina.

For some odd reason, the Mini had the pole. I suppose when the track is clear, it's easier to get a good lap time in the small car. But right alongside the Mini was 2 Falcons and that giant Galaxie. Sure made for an interesting start, watching that little Mini dragrace 3 big V8 powered behemoths, and fight for position into the first corner.

It was a great race all around.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

1964 or 65...and Dan Gurney raced those Galaxies very successfully in English saloon races about the same time, much to the amazement of spectating Brits, who figured the Jags would smoke 'em...no substitute for cubic inches!

Mike

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://66.223.44.141/PDF/mcrm/2003_Revival_Results.pdf

1.Voyazides/Bacon Ford Falcon Sprint 88.12 1:34.522

2.Bell/Williams Jaguar Mk1 87.94 1:35.196

3.Grimshaw/Williams Austin Mini CooperS 87.78 1:34.391

4.Oliver/Surer BMW 1800 TiSA 86.31 1:36.277

5.Pattinson/Whale Ford Falcon Sprint 85.98 1:34.690

6.Aaltonen/Von Bayern BMW 1800 TiSA 85.51 1:36.943

Fastest lap or race:

Grimshaw/Williams Austin Mini Cooper S 1:34.391 91.53mph