• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sweet! I have the birthdays of my 2 02's :)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

bone.jpg

URL: http://www.winnsecurity.com/norcal02

Hello Justin,

thank you for your email and your interest in the istory of your two classic BMW's.

BMW 2002 US # 1677167 was manufactured on October 21, 1970 and delivered on November 2, 1970 to the US-importer Hoffman Motor Corp. in New York City.

The original colour was Granada, paintcode 023.

(Now white, with flares. It is the one I picked up for free :))

BMW 2002 US # 2572779 was manufactured on April 21, 1971 and delivered on April 28, 1971 to the US-importer Hoffman Motor Corp. in New York City.

The original colour was Granada, paintcode 023.

(Still red, but I thought it was Verona. In fact I thought both of them were. I am slowly restoring this one right now)

We hope this information is helpful for you.

Yours sincerely,

BMW Mobile Tradition

Historical Archives

Guest Anonymous

19 December for my '73 (Ludwig's almost a Christmas baby!) Cool information. I suspect, though that the "delivery dates" meant when the ownership was transferred to Hoffman Motors, not when they arrived in the States. My '69 didn't actually arrive in the US until late April 1969 due to a three month East Coast dockworkers strike.

Cheers

Mike