• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6V Radio Questions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey folks,

I am looking for a 6V radio for my 66 VW. I know the early NK and 1600s were 6V and I was wondering if anyone had a working radio they would like to part with?

Secondly, anybody know where we can get replacement antenna masts? Someone wrecked my all original, red tip mast. I would like to get a replacement.

Thanks.... Brian

Guest Anonymous

...been watching Samba for about 3 weeks now.

BTW, saw the red car you had advertised. You will have to see pics of the '66 I picked up for $1400.

Brian

Guest Anonymous

many of those were dual voltage; some were also dual polarity. There are switches or tabs on the back of the radio chassis (external) marked "6v/12v" and "+/-". By positioning the switches properly they can be used in 6 volt cars or positive ground cars (great for Britmobile owners).

They can be found at Porsche swap meets as 356s were 6 volt at least into the early 60s. And BTW, there were a lot of other aftermarket 6v radio brands sold for VWs and other 6v imports in the early 60s...

Good hunting

Mike