• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ok to run a tii on regular gas?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

may have to retard timing a bit which could rob you of some performance.

Ultimately it will run the best on supreme but $$$$. I run my tii 10:1 on supreme.

Guest Anonymous

I "always" run high octane fuel in my '73tii, and my '76 also (although not as important)...I look at it this way...for the small additional cost, I'm alleviating any worries about "pinging" and the lesser fuel additives in regular gas than is normally supplied in higher octane fuels. Fuel injection requires "clean" fuel also. I believe the original owner's manual specifies "high octane petrol"! :-)

John

'73tii

'72tii "Hugo" being restored

'76

Guest Anonymous

I've always only used Chevron Supreme because it contains "Techron" which has been demonstrated to reduce that gummy buildup on the intake valves. Well, I think it works. When I pulled my intake system off to ship the engine off for some work, the intake and exhaust valves were clean, no stuff on them whatsoever. I didn't look inside the head.

I'm running 10:1 with a 121 head.

--Jerry