• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Under dash speaker mount/grill

Dogpile

First, I assume you are not referring to a console-mounted speaker. Second, under-dash '02 speakers weren't a BMW-supplied item but were frequently installed with radio, stereo, and CB systems -- of every manufacture. (Recall that the factory did not install radios in '02s.) I've seen Blaupunkt, Becker, Pioneer, Jensen, BMW (from different models), and at least a dozen other brands of speakers used, not to mention many "un-branded" examples. If you are trying to match an existing speaker or speakers, you'll probably need to post a photo and refer to your speaker's size, e.g., 100mm round (the size of a Becker speaker used regularly as an under-dash speaker).

Good luck,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Sorry I'm new to 2002s. You are correct. Someone in the cars past has cut the under dash panel to hold 2 4x6 speakers. It was well done because when I first looked it looked factory. The speakers in there were very very old blaupunkt made in Germany.

Thanks for your response!

I wouldn't be surprised if you could find some of those on eBay! Or you could replace both with modern 4x6 speakers.

Good luck,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)