• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel return line?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

If you mean the fuel tank vent hose, that needs to go into the air cleaner someplace.

What are you doing with the rocker cover vent line? That should go into the air cleaner, too.

Delia, Julius ('73tii), and Red Oktober ('88 325is)

Guest Anonymous

I disconnected the fuel return line at both the tank and front end. I plugged both ends with small bolts with clamps. I did the same type of thing on the tank. I run the vent from the tank filler tube over to the spare tire well. From what I understand, that is similar to the Euro configuration.

I run a 38DGAS and works great with this setup.

Guest Anonymous

02banner.jpg

URL: http://www.evogroup.com/t-shirts

I have DCOE's with foam air filters so nothing is going in there.

I have the port in the rubber filler neck blocked off because of fuel smell.

Where in the spare tire well did the vent line exit in euro's?

What are people doing about the valve cover vent?

Guest Anonymous

That's the trunk. What does THAT smell like?

I hope you don't have your battery back there...one little spark and you'll blow yourself to kingdom come...

Guest Anonymous

I routed the clear plastic tube from the filler neck fitting down to the trunk flooring boards and across the back to the spare tire. I then route it across the tire (under the wood cover) and down to the hole in the middle of the wheel well. I've installed a vacuum line fitting on the end of the tube (under the car) to keep the tube from riding back up through that hole and then not venting the way I want it to. The fitting I used was for my Mercedes and is basically a thick rubber 90 deg joint made for vacuum lines. I just have it point rearwards so I get that 'suction' effect. he he

Hey - At least it keeps the tube sticking out the bottom of the car (and not pulling up)

Guest Anonymous

Buy a little breather from one of the suppliers.

Any racers out there with something from Jeg's or Summit Racing? NAPA?

Please do not vent to atmosphere.

Delia