Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

SOT , need a good tire reccomendation

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

My other car is a '93 Chrysler concord. I need a new set of tires. I drive maybe 5000 miles a year so I do not care if a tire lasts 20,000 or 50,000 miles. I would like a firm/crisp handling tire that isn't too expensive (sumi's?) any thoughts? size is 205/70/15, but I can take other sizes as well 215/65/15 and 235/60/15

thnx

Guest Anonymous

very crisp handling, very quiet, good traction in the wet.

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

Molly's wearing 195/60 x 14 Yokohama AVS, which she likes very much. But Elmo's got 205/55 x 15 Toyo Proxes TS-1s, which are *fantastic* in the rain. (Of course, they wear out in no time...)

David Roach

"Molly" (Inka 1973 2002)

"Elmo" (Diamondschwartz 1991 325ix)

Guest Anonymous

Yoko AVS I's are ancient (handling/traction is not that great). I have a set of T4's on my 2002 that are holding up well. The other set of T4's ended up falling apart on my girlfriends Geo.

-Justin

'76 02

'97 m3

http://www.bmw2002.net

Guest Anonymous

I put a set on our Audi (225/55-16)and they are just fine. For the first couple of hundred miles they seem to be a little squirmy, but they settled down nice. Priced right at less than $100 a tire. Get them through the Tire Rack link on the FAQ page. I have a pair I used on the M3 for an interim until I got my full set of 16" back on there.

Guest Anonymous

On the 3rd set on my daily driver. Have seen over 30k on each set with fairly "aggressive" driving habits... Good in wet too. Put 'em on the 14" wheels on my koop too, much better than the old Bridgestones it was wearing. Watch Sears for good sales prices.

Tony