• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some pictures of my 02 stored

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just like the Subarus. That would make for a shorter path and more compact layout. But obviously, your intercooler is way to wide for that.

Guest Anonymous

The WRX hood scoop and Pontiac Firehawk (ram air) nostrils are not something to emulate. One problem with putting the IC on the top of the engine is that on most cars there's a pocket of low pressure about the center of the hood where the IC would have to get its airflow from. Thus, the pressure differntial drawing air trough the IC would be small. If you put on a hood scoop (ala WRX) it would have to extend high enough from the plane of the hood to break out of the low pressure area. This is why most ICs are positioned at the leading edge (i.e. front of the vehicle) where there's a high pressure area to drive lots of air through the IC.

I suppose if you fed the IC from somewhere else it could work. BTW, another area of high pressure is at the base of the windshield if you could figure out some way to harness this.

Guest Anonymous

Isnt this change the look of the 02 a lot? i dont see this on yours. Many have handled this before us and they were all able to put decent ones into the nose of the 02. Looks at the TEP turbo 02, the intercooler is where the battery is supposed to be. But for myself, i got others plans.

I defenitively blown a fuse into my head with this. If i need to put the engine 6 inchs forth, i will. I want to put this kind of such big intercooler. I mean efficient, and if calculated, it needs to be that much big for my hp goals.

I have found what it is called a t3-t4 hybrid turbo wich can produce far more hp than the t-3 i got now.

Since i will put forged slugs and a intercooler, the limit will be the turbo itself in my actual set-up. We talk 300hp and more here. The sds will be usefull here.

And since i will relocate the turbo because of vibration problems, i will use a 320 manifold modified, the turbo will hang low almost like a real turbo 02. I also found a Porshe external wastegate. It will go into this too. The valve is very big, like 2inches, it will be able to vent the excess gas presure without any problems. What have you found at Norm garage?

Pat

Guest Anonymous

They had several early and late 2002 motors as well as many e12, e21 and 18i heads on the shelves. I could not turn the engines by hands as I would have had to move them around.

If you want to talk to Norbert, here is his shop's #:

514 289.9603