• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help please!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

...without ever seeing it in person.

I was able to ask a lot of questions and look at photos. When I did get to see it in person (in the tin, as it were), it was as nice as I had anticpated. The real test was driving it. The valves needed an adjustment, but I drove it home to Michigan from Washington DC (650 miles) on a sunshine-y day in the early March of 2001.

It's been a real good car, too! Aside from adjusting the valves and cleaning it up, I've done very little repair work except the starter motor and radiator. It needs a new clutch, but still runs fine as long as I don't drive it hard. I'll be able to tackle that one in the spring.

What I suppose I'm saying is, BUY IT!

The folks on the board will help, especially because so many live out there in 2002 heaven.

I'd be there too, if I had a job in the Bay Area.

Cheers!

Delia Wolfe

'73tii

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

Guest Anonymous

That you will end up O2 lifers for the rest of us. "Break the bank"? That's just the start when you get hooked.

I used to read the news, literature and have a life on the weekends. Now I just read the FAQ, ebay and hang out in my engine bay.

Guest Anonymous

... that doesn't seem too bad to me. I've already

resinged to being a slave to the trade I adore, so

what's another expensive hobby, huh?!