• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ireland rear camber and toe kit instillation

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anybody out there ever install the kit? I bought if from Ireland about 6 months ago from Jeremiah, at the time they had no printed instuctions.

The camber eccentrics are self explanatory, they can only go on one way, but the toe eccentrics are another story. I can weld them on in any position really. I figure that they probably should be installed so that with the adjuster in the front most position, the bolt would be where the stock one was, leaving me all of the adjustment to toe out by pulling the trailing arms back. I could also mount it so that it is centered, leaving me an equal amount of toe in and toe out from stock. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks,

Peter

Guest Anonymous

You have to know where you are, before you decide where you need the adjustment range centered. What does your car measure right now? What toe setting are you after? I would suggest zero toe in the rear, measured at the ride height & loading that represents how you will use the car. No need to use five passengers w/ luggage + full tank of fuel during alignment if you will never use the car like that.

There's a ton of variation in our cars when it comes to rear toe. You need to get toe measured on an accurate machine, like a Hunter. Of course you can measure toe with simpler methods, but before you commit to welding in adjusters it is worth it to get on a real alignment rack.

Many 02s will show toe out of spec in the rear, often due to slightly bent rear control arms. If yours is too far out, consider correcting the bent parts. If it is just a little uneven side-to-side, the adjusters can compensate.

Guest Anonymous

There has to be some way of doing this without the subframes in the car. Korman sells a subframe with the eccentrics welded in, so there has to be some sort of benchmark other than spending countless hours tearing down and re assembling the back of my 02.