• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bought an amp for the stereo, can't find how much amperage

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

it draws, but I'm a little worried, amp is 50 watts x4 speakers output. any guesses, jeez do I need even a larger alternator that the 65 amp one I've got?

Guest Anonymous

never had a single problem. but if I was to add In another for my 6x9's then I would have needed a bigger alternator.

HTH

Andy Rattley

Guest Anonymous

I have a 200W amp and 2 MBquart 6x9s w/a 65amp alternator -have not had any problems. However, make sure you use a fuseable link inline with your positive power. I use a 20A fuse.

Guest Anonymous

and whether the rating is at 12V or 14.4V. What is the THD spec

at the rated power? If <1%, then the power rating is good. Figure

about 17 amps for 200 watts @ 12V and 14 amps for 200 watts @

14.4V. A 65 amp alt. should support that unless you are running

high wattage headlights or some other major power consumers.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga

Guest Anonymous

There was a meeting tonight(23rd october) so the next one is in 2 weeks. It is at 27th and holgate in Portland.

Andy Rattley

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

i run a 200 watt amp, 45 watt head unit and H4s with 80/100 bulbs and 65 watt driving lights on the Sahara without any noticeable drop even with fan on. Of course, i would like 85 or 90 amps, and will have that someday, but you will be fine with your set up. just be sure alternator is in good shape and belt is correct tension. have fun- good listening.

Guest Anonymous

but I have a voltmeter and can watch that, also don't expect to driving around at night with the volume cranked up to the max. now to install everything.