• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ODD ELECTRICAL GREMLIN ....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

NOT THE AMC KIND - THE DASH BLINKER LIGHT IS ON

WHENEVER THE IGNITION IS ON BUT THE BLINKERS OUTSIDE THE CAR WORK NORMALLY

LIGHT THAT ILLUMINATES THE FLASHER SWITCH IS ON ALL THE TIME 24/7 .

ANY IDEAS ?

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

lol sorry rimspoke had to do that. i have exact same symptom. blinker light in cabin is goingon all the time although it works when positioned for a turn. i bought a 40 dollar new flasher relay= not solkve the problem. i fiddled with wires, blind froms eat yesterday and it went out. so... what we have is apair of crossdd up wires in the flasher area. ned to get down inthere and inspect and isolate and check ground. doubt that it is exposed wires making a link, but something is completing the circuit when we dont need it connected. Mine developed after a hard drive with lots of vibration, accelleration and heat. THE CLASSIC FIX though is to replace the flasher relay that is removeable from the driver's well out board side up near underdash. you will see it: black box with 4 prongs plus 1 on its ow. cost around 40 smacks. That is successful for most inside light illumination problems. except for mine. good luck.