• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

apparently it is WRONG to charge ebay fees with yer auction.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

P1010002.jpg

URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2438961777

ebay pulled my auction for these tires...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2438961777

because i was asking for actual shipping costs PLUS actual ebay fees. wasnt there a thread about this just a few weeks ago?? well, apparently, you CANNOT ask for ebay fees. so im just adding $10 to the final bid price. its stupid. i know. stupid fukcin' fleabay!!! ;p

-Rob

Guest Anonymous

Can't reference ebay fees. Why? Because it makes them look bad? Can't have an external link from the auction page. Why? Don't want people leaving their precious site that might spend money at someone else's site?

I'm getting tired of Efly, I mean Roadbay, I mean ...

Guest Anonymous

on ebay get poor feedback, a bad reputation and auction winners who don't complete the auction. Rob doesn't accept Paypal because I'm sure he doesn't want to absorb those fees either. It's not nice to discuss openly how to screw bidders on ebay any more than it is nice to discuss how to screw sellers. If one objects to ebay fees as a seller one doesn't have to sell on ebay, and if one objects to excessive "shipping & handling" fees as a bidder, then don't bid.

Guest Anonymous

I don't see what the problem is... just include the ebay "fees" in the price of the part you sell. I do it all the time. If I really want $15 for something... and ebay charges me $1.50 to list it, I start the item at $16.50 or 16.99....

BTW I really HATE sellers that markup the shipping and handling fees.... one time I bought a set of MGC manifolds on the east coast for $20. They charged me $30 to ship them..... UPS fees where only $17.....$13 is alot to charge just to box something up!

I would NEVER buy from someone like that again... I only charge what UPS or USPS charges me when I sell stuff.....

WH

ebay ID (alpinab7)

Guest Anonymous

sure alot of it seems sheety, but have you tried any of the other auction sites ?? (cue crickets....).

Anyway, I don't exactly like paying Ebay or Paypal anymore than I have to (funny, since they are really the same company, they get you from all directions!!). I accept all sorts of Paypal payments simply because it's so damn easy + fast. And when I buy something, it definitely helps if the seller accepts Paypal payments. I cannot stand the pud-whackers who promise that they're gonna send payment tomorrow, but they never do!! I'd rather pay a small financial price for the convenience of Paypal than go through all the BS with buyer's mailing payment. If you insist on adding a "handling" fee, Ebay makes it easy to do by using their shipping calculator, you can automatically specify your handling fee and it gets added into the shipping quote given to potential buyers who enter their zip code. The buyer can then decide how much they are willing to bid, because they know how much shipping (+handling) will cost!!

If you bring your ball to the Ebay playground, don't expect them to beg you not to leave 'cause you don't like their rules, there are plenty of others with shiny new balls waiting to play!!

:P

Bret.