• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IT WONT START

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I got my 2002 home yesterday after a 45 minute drive, parked the car, and five minutes later tried to start her up again, it would not start, it made a noise that sounded like the starter was turning over very slowly. I tried jump starting but that did not work, i will try again, however i dont know if my battery is completely dead? or if my starter is history? or if my battery is dead, since i drove the car for 45 minutes why would the battery not be charged up some, so my last question is, is my alternator done for?

any help would be appreciated. One more thing, how can i check my alternator, to see if it is working?

Guest Anonymous

easiest first, clean the terminal, spend $3 on a

terminal cleaner tool at Kragens, move to the

starter connection, alternator, etc. Charge or swap

batteries. Get a Haynes manual to get you going

with basic trouble shooting for alt, reg, starter and

battery. Good luck

Michael

72 tii

Guest Anonymous

You can pull the battery and take it to your local parts store for testing. They should be able to tell you (for free) if it has a good charge. If it has a good charge, they can test it and tell you if its bad.

If the battery is good, look into wiring (connections)or starter/solenoid. If the battery is not good, look at wiring (connections, or something drawing the battery down)and alternator/regultor. Good luck!