• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

steering box and fuel line

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Input shaft oil seal comes right out with that free can opening tool they give you when you buy paint! Thanks for the help Mark!

Can any one tell me why my32/36 / mechanical pump 73 is being fed from the fuel return hose and not the primary hose under the left chassis rail?

Guest Anonymous

I read in the archives once that the return line can handle much more fuel pressure than the regular plastic line. It was in one of the M20 threads. I also read that the return lines usually don't last as long as the plastic lines.

Sorry I can't find the link now, but hope that helps.

-Ben

Guest Anonymous

Ralph asks: Can any one tell me why my32/36 / mechanical pump 73 is being fed from the fuel return hose and not the primary hose under the left chassis rail?

The one by the left rail is not the 'primary' feed line on a carbed 02.

The stock original feed line is the bluish plastic line that comes thru the cabin along the right hand inner rocker, and passes thru the firewall over the trans bell housing. Is that what you mistook for the return line? Your post did not make that clear. If your carb was actually getting fed thru the return line, you'd have to keep the tank really, really full ! ;p)

Guest Anonymous

The plastic fuel lines, if used with a carb, will outlast the metal lines with no concern for pressure or corrosion.

The OE plastic line is supposed to seal itself shut in a fire. I have repaired & dismantled many cars and never saw a failure in the plastic, but often found problems with corrosion or damage on the metal lines.

If you need higher pressure for fuel injection, by all means use the metal return line as a feed, or better yet, plumb it with brand new, high quality metal tubing.

Guest Anonymous

the steel line for feed on my 76A. The plastic in-cabin feed line got kinked or smashed under the carpet where it is run giving me intermittent fuel flow to the pump and of course to the carb. Solved all problems, and no return needed, just plugged up the evap lines and tank fittings..but rerouted the filler boot overflow line outside the trunk to open air.