• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How far should I lower my 1972 tii?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

How low should I go with my springs when lowering my bmw 2002. I see that H&R springs lower about 1 1/2in while I found some Intrax springs that go 2in. I'm looking for a more sporty look, but not gangster. Whatever I choose for springs I'm matching them with bilstein sports. Any advice would help, thanks.

Guest Anonymous

A larger concern is wheel/tire clearance, which will be diminshed by any lowering. If you plan to run a larger than stock setup you may have to roll fenders and/or use spacers.

Guest Anonymous

It's about 1 to 1.5in drop on a square car.

I believe suspension technique says .5in for a roundie. I like the look and probably wouldn't go lower for fear of tire clearance issues when I swap to larger wheels. Rideas decently too

Guest Anonymous

MVC-009S.JPG

excellent, tight set-up. next step would be coil-overs and camber plates.

my tii is equipped as above, my standard 9.5/292/38-38 carb car has st springs and bilstein hd's, with st 22/19 bars.

personally, i much prefer my tii. i don't know how much that is due the induction system, or to the suspension system. i do know the tii is easier and faster to drive over my twisty commute to work.

the softer set-up is my wife's car.

fwiw

rj