Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

How far should I lower my 1972 tii?

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

How low should I go with my springs when lowering my bmw 2002. I see that H&R springs lower about 1 1/2in while I found some Intrax springs that go 2in. I'm looking for a more sporty look, but not gangster. Whatever I choose for springs I'm matching them with bilstein sports. Any advice would help, thanks.

Guest Anonymous

A larger concern is wheel/tire clearance, which will be diminshed by any lowering. If you plan to run a larger than stock setup you may have to roll fenders and/or use spacers.

Guest Anonymous

Did you have to place spacers or roll your fenders, or would you to run bigger tires?

Guest Anonymous

golfinka2.jpg

...the Golf car in the background in the above photo is riding on H+Rs and 13" E21 rims...can't remember tire size.

Tim

'76 2002

'03 Golf

Guest Anonymous

It's about 1 to 1.5in drop on a square car.

I believe suspension technique says .5in for a roundie. I like the look and probably wouldn't go lower for fear of tire clearance issues when I swap to larger wheels. Rideas decently too

Guest Anonymous

MVC-009S.JPG

excellent, tight set-up. next step would be coil-overs and camber plates.

my tii is equipped as above, my standard 9.5/292/38-38 carb car has st springs and bilstein hd's, with st 22/19 bars.

personally, i much prefer my tii. i don't know how much that is due the induction system, or to the suspension system. i do know the tii is easier and faster to drive over my twisty commute to work.

the softer set-up is my wife's car.

fwiw

rj