• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wilwoods for street use

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anyone with the ireland/wilwood big front brake setup run them normally on the street? Thinking of going to the big brake upgrade and like the idea of lighter wilwoods than the 528i calipers. What master cylinder are you guys running?

My only concern is whether the wilwood superlights have dust seals and their longevity on the street. I hear that they can be noisy, but I figure I can fab some anti-squeal backing shims up for the pads.

Thanks for any info.

-Bernard

73' Agave 2002

88' E30 M3 Alpineweiss

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.320i.com/bmw%20e21%20320i%20brakes%20upgrade.htm

I have been running them without any problem. Keep in mind however that I only ran them for 3-4 months before the car went back in for a m20 transplant among other things. So perhaps my squealing never had a chance to start. Follow the link to see a a guy running wilwoods on a 320i. He talks about making some anti-squeal/anti-rattle backplates.