• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Panasport Questions ? Kinda Long

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just received a set of used Panasports that the po said were on a 320I. The rims didn't fit my 02, it was as if the bolt pattern was slightly different, maybe 4 x 98 on the rims, and 4 x 100 on the 2002. On closer inspection, there was a washer/insert on each of the bolt holes on the rim. We tapped those out, and the rims fit OK, but seemed a little 'loose'. Are there different size inserts available for the Panasport rims, and has anyone else had to deal with this ? And also I need to source the center caps, as the old ones of the stock rime didn't fit. Any help is appreciated. TIA!!

Guest Anonymous

those inserts are there for a reason. The weels are alum; those inserts are usually steel or some sort of stronger alloy to allow for steel wheel lugs and/or to create a buffer between the hardware and the wheel as the panas are an extremely lightweight and sometimes fragile wheel. They are probably fitting loose because without that insert your lugs aren't seating properly. If you drive it now, don't be shocked when a wheel comes off the car.

The other issue is that if they came off a 320i they are not suited properly for an 02 due to offset problems. If you continue to run 320i offset wheels, expect to replace your tie-rods, ball joints, and control arms more frequently as those wheels are damaging to these front-end components.

However, if they came off of a 320, you should have no problems bolting them right on the car. The po may have forgot to include the proper lug nuts or lug bolts that came with the panas. You might want to head down to the local discount tire to have them provide you with compatible hardware -- however, now that the inserts are gone, I'm not sure what to tell you (I've never took them out so I'm not sure what it would take to get them back in; plus the fact that punching them out may have damaged the inserts -- then you're really in a bit of trouble.)

Hope this helps.

Guest Anonymous

They are a *slightly* different measurement, but

not right. I've heard of those rims snapping off a

stud on '02s. Please be careful w/ those rims.