• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just got back from BMWCCA O-fest in Austin

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Took a day trip to Austin from Fort Worth.

Saw Mike Self and his Sahara 02 he drove from Ohio.

Saw Bob Murphy and his tii. Nice Alpina injection!

Saw several cars owned by Terry Sayther, Austin shop owner and racer.

He had a Bauer 02 he converted to a E30 M3 motor. His yellow 02 club racer, he aslo had an E30 M3 Touring, nice. And a few others.

Saw Matt's Alpina racer, a 1600 cabriolet, a nice Verone, and a nice '75 3.0 CSL.

Paul from Dallas had is Polaris '73tii there in al its beauty.

Mike also from Dallas had a nice square tail euro 2002tii Lux. I really like the square taillight, small bumper look. Interestingly, it's front seatbelts are rigged differently than the US model. The inertia reel is tucked beside the rear seat, where the rear seatbelt reel is. A better idea I think, since its so easy to trip on the reel when exiting the rear seat (at least its easy fro my kids to trip on it).

There was also a nice Verona square taillight converted to small bumpers. And a dark blue injected 02 that was super clean.

The swap meet in the hotel parking lot was disappointing. Only 1 person with stuff! However, I took it as a sign that he had mostly 2002 stuff and picked up a few items.

Guest Anonymous

I have been in "wagon envy" ever since I saw a Datsun 510 wagon. I saw a couple of E30 tourings in Canada. Now there is the E46s w/ all wheel drive technology.

I look and drive and collect brochures, but I refuse to give up my E30 M3.