• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is this even possible??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

a friend who used to own a 72tii gave me a turbo unit from a mid 80's volvo (at least that's what he thinks it's from). says it's in good shape and he was planning to add it to his car but never got around to it. is it even possible to add a turbo unit to a 72tii (that's what i'm driving)? If it can be done i'll start the research to see what it would take.

seems to me that you would have an injector system or a turbo but not both. make sense or not?

Guest Anonymous

to make the 2002 Turbo. They also ran 6.9:1 pistons and did a number of other things to make it run.

Is it wise, probably not. You don't have very good control of your AFR with a KF pump (at least compared to modern EFI), and there isn't any easy way to regulate your fuel squirt based on how much boost you have at the moment (throttle position is a poor indicator).

Keep your 72Tii stock, get a toy car, convert to EFI and then boost away.

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

not with a volvo turbo, but the 02 turbos are tii's with lower compression pistons and other "minor" modifications. Basically anything is possible with either time or money. I believe the best turbos have been the factory ones.

Michael

72 tii

Guest Anonymous

re-build I'd have to agree with John. If you have a tii...sort itout and drive the hell out of it. Michael is correct too. If it is a hobby you want and have the dough...anything is possible. Lack of electronics make turbocharging problematic