• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Turbo Stub Axles?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

twisted German out there who makes up names for BMW!!

BTW: I did find out that the half-shafts for a manual tranny and for an automatic tranny car are different.

Does anyohe know the difference??

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

4-7908023.JPG

one of my older magazines that did a swap. I will look through my mags to find it. Any other takers on Saturday? I'll most likely be going.

Guest Anonymous

To use the Turbo stub axles, you need to get different rear wheel bearings. The Turbo part has a greater diameter where the bearing ID fits on it.

Turbo bearings are 30 mm ID

All other 02 are 28 mm ID (28x58x16)

The OD & width are all the same for the bearings, just the ID is different.

I don't have the part number in front of me, but it is easy to find in the HTK in english.

You need to set "Default values" to show ECE models.

Then the model selections available will include the 74 Turbo, and you can easily find the rear axle parts listed in your choice of language.

Guest Anonymous

In BMW parts notes, the abbreviation AT does not mean AUTO TRANSMISSION.

The "AT" denotes that a part is a remanufactured item, from an exchange part. This is why you can see a part description such as "AT-FOUR SPEED TRANSMISSION" for a Getrag 242 Manual. Note that they do not use this designation consistently -- sometimes it will simply say REMANUFACTURED.

In HTK, click on Help, then Abbreviations, for an explanation of the symbols.

The half-shaft axles are not different for each model, the 1502, Touring Automatic & the Turbo fit the same part as a regular 02. Of course there were changes over different years, but the changes went across the model range.