• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: Bad Car... bad, bad, car

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

The Pontiac version is pretty rare. Usually you only see the Monte Carlo version with the glass back and that ain't often. Don't knock the A and J body "coupes" - they were the last GM cars worth remembering. I always thought the lines would have been much better if they were true hardtops without B pillars. I had a 78 Pontiac GP that did 200K on the original engine, and a 81 Regal that did 170K.

D

Guest Anonymous

Back in the day, growing up, one of the local GM heads bought an early 80's El Camino and a wrecked Buick Grand National. Took the front clip and drivetrain from the GN and swapped it into the El Camino, then he did a lot of welding and bodywork to graft the Buick quarter panels onto the El Camino cargo box. Finished product was painted to look like the GN with all the emblems, interior, etc -awesome!

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

I once read that the Plymouth Superbirds and Dodge Daytonas languished on dealer lots because nobody bought them. They are big-buck collectibles now.

Guest Anonymous

fae043db.jpg

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

I thought the A body was the last of the BIG RWD GM Cars, and the G body was the replacement, that came out in the late 70's, until the late 80's. I onced owned a 78 Cutlass, and an 83 Cutlass. Both of which were G bodies. That's the only reason I know this stuff.

Al