• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well folks, I found out where all my brake fluid has been go

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am in the process of replacing the brake master cylinder (going from a reg. master to a tii one.) Anyway, I undid the metal lines that go to the master, and then took the master off. WOW, the booster was full of brake fluid!!! So, now I am going to replace the master AND the booster. I have a used booster, and I thought I'd clean it up real good and por 15 it.

Funny thing is, I have been wondering where all my brake fluid has been going, and when I take hard left turns, I'd get white smoke out the back tailpipe. Guess the brake fluid was getting sucked into the head when I turned left.

We shall see...

Lyle

Guest Anonymous

Yea, I hear that, but, the booster that just came off the car has WAY more fluid then the one I have on hand.

Soooo, what I am thinking is that, I may have better chance of no internal failure w/ the one that didnt have as much fluid in it. Can't hurt anyways!! :)

Thanks though,

Lyle

Guest Anonymous

The master cylinder was leaking so badly that the fluid level in the booster was up to the vacuum hose going to the intake. Every time I hit a bump a huge cloud of white smoke would come out the back of the car. I scared the crap out of everyone at a gas station one day when the car filled the overhang with smoke! I removed 16-20oz of brake fluid from the booster when I took the mc off! I put a new master cylinder on and used the same booster, its been fine for 10 months now. I don't expect any problems with it.

Guest Anonymous

.....and you have standard 02 brakes, your pedal pressure

will go way up. In other words, you have to step on the brake

a lot harder to make it stop. Maybe you knew that and that's

what you want-just thought I'de mention it.

Guest Anonymous

If you have oil in the booster you have a brake oil leak, ignore the idiot's who say drain the oil and drive on. Fix the leak and drive a reliable car.