• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, if you were looking for a 3.0CSL

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

There's a CSiL (shorthand designation for injected CSL) on the CS Registry classifieds:

http://www.bmwcsregistry.org/Classifieds/cars_for_sale.html

Another one in the Roundel classifieds that I've heard is a very nice (and legit) coupe:

1974 3.2CSL VIN 2275506 Silver/black, chassis and engine match. One of the original 39 homologation Batmobile cars. Full restoration by Munich Legends

(Europe) to show condition. $55,000 firm. 212 272-3727. (NY)

You might post a note on the e9coupe board. There are folks there in the CSL loop who keep their ears to the ground for these cars and always seem to know of what's available.

HTH

Guest Anonymous

but the constant and expensive upkeep of maintaining the car in the long term if you don't do the work yourself. Even then, the availability and price of parts are either harder to find or way more expensive than an 02. Back in the mid 1970s, I had a chance to buy a used Ferrari Dino 246gt coupe for a couple of thousand dollars, plus my 1966 Porsche 911 as trade-in, before they became insanely expensive. It was very tempting since the 246 Dino is my all-time favorite design. But a friend in the Porsche club, who also had a Dino and a 308, advised me against the purchase. Unlike him, I didn't have several million dollars in the bank (still don't). He said I may be able to afford membership, but I couldn't afford to renew every year. I listened to his advice, and bought a Dino model instead. But I know how you feel, I still lust for a Dino.

Guest Anonymous

two weeks ago and made an offer on it yesterday. low offer. An offer so low I haven't heard back from him. Oh well, I wish that car would be mine, but I think not.....

Guest Anonymous

I have a new love for those cars. They are great looking, and they have that neat V8 in them. Plus its pretty cheap, and best of all it is a Ferrari. I'll get one one day, once I get out of college and am making real money ;)

I'd go with the Ferrari for a year or so for fun, and then you can get the BMW or whatever for longer keep.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

i have a card from a guy whohad a stunning fresh restoration 3.0 (non csl) for 15k @ sears for the alms races. absolutely prfect car. we all looked it over and approved. CSLs are the most rust prone bmw ever made. to get a non rust car, you will pay enough for a vrey nice F. limited production, thin metal, ...well you know the story- you research stuff. i would talk to chris P about a csl before i got into a serious search. i like the touring idea a lot- great car lots of potential for performance and utility. and unique and an 02 to boot. there are some around. did the tii inka sel? that loked like a car i would want. good luck J. on the quest. caveat emptore on the csl idea.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

if you culd score a csl, you wuld be my hero. i know the owner of a friend's former csl- it is in marin, and it is still without an interior, except a duct taped scheel turbo bucket-real deal csl seat. it runs, it has a 1 off custom intake maifold that is to salivate over and it is becoming rust free. another 20k and the guy is going to have a very rare and very cool/quick CSL. But, i have seen the work in progress over the years and it is quite a load, unless yu can frop it of with an open checkbook and tell the shop to make it their number 1 prioity. I still think you would love the perfect restored coupe i saw at sears. it only has 3 webers, i think.

Guest Anonymous

i know of a very nice 3.0CS (can't remember the year) a friend in MASS is selling. Florida car NO RUST, bone stock (mostly) red needs paint this guy was a real bimmerhead mechanic-type, it is mechanically fine

email if you want me to make an intro I have NO interest other than helping out a friend. I'd buy it but he wants something closer to what it's worth than I can handle. He's got too many cars, maybe his motivation would offset shipping it....