• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So a guy parks next to me in a 10yr old pristine Lamborghini

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm in my daily driver 74tii (golf) that really needs a bath. Guy gets out and goes on and on about how cool MY car is. He gets this genuine grin on his face like I know I get looking at my car and I know you guys know this grin. Made me feel pretty good. I, of course, went on about his outrageous Countach. Guess it goes to show, if you're a car guy, your a car guy, and if you're a posuer with a fat wallet, well, I'll just leave the negative remarks out. Made my day.

Guest Anonymous

almost every one I've ever met has a postitive comment about whatever old car they saw me driving (beater or otherwise) regardless of how high-dollar his ride was (and some have been pretty serious). The poseurs, on the other hand, usually act like they're afraid they'll catch something if they park near you......

Guest Anonymous

He said his first car was a '72 Tii and he should never of sold it. That was fun! I agree, a car person is a car person...

Thanks for the story.

Jason

Guest Anonymous

Pulled up in my faded, rusted 02 and leaped out to get a look, halfway expecting to get a cold reception from the owner, who turned out to be Bill Young, who has a garage of Bimmers any of us Bimmer heads would lust after. He lifted the engine cover so I could check out the M88 power plant. I muttered under my breath something about the old 71 2002 I had parked over there, almost halfway ashamed. Bill proceede to extol all the virtues of our venerable 2002's! "2002's made BMW in the 70's! Without it, maybe many great BMW's would never have been able to be produced."

Was so proud.

Guest Anonymous

...at last year's O'Fest, he and his wife Star are just about the nicest folks around.

He brought half a dozen or so of his collection up to Keystone and they were all wonderful examples. He drives'em too! I drooled over the black CSL lightweight and the showroom-fresh Fjord '76 2002 with just 5500 miles on the clock.

I sold him a correct pair of silver "shepherd's crook" wipers for his newly acquired 2000 CS.

Delia Wolfe

'73tii

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

Guest Anonymous

I'm inside the local Ma & Pa in La Selva Beach when we (friends and I) hear a radical rumble outside so we all run outside to see what it is. It's a nearly new, illegal Countach pulling in. The owner showed us everything and even let us sit in it. I'll never forget those 12 Webers! He told us the story of how a CHP pulled him over to check it out. The cop made some comment about how it's got funny bumpers for a US Countach, then proceeded to describe his own car collection to him. No citation, it was just a social stop.

--Jerry '72tii