• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know status of Lynx/Weber Supercharger ???

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I recall speaking to someone a few months back @ http://www.ramflo.netfirms.com. I was informed that they are working on a SC for Weber(?) for the 2002. 1st out was to be a hookup for injection in Aug of 2003 followed shortly by a hookup to the M86 crossover manifold.

Anyone hear anything yet? I'm in need of a carb and want to go dcoe45 w/lynx but have been working on my re-paint. Would love to throw in a SC at the same time.

Ron

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.aapexshow.com/aapex/V40/index.cvn/aapex/V40/index.cvn?id=10000

They will be lauching their new EFI kits in Las Vegas on November 4-7 at the annual AAPEX (Automotive Aftermarket Expo) convention. Once that event is over, they will put together the SC kit for the BMW 2002. Anyone near Vegas should stop by and see their booth as I heard that it is going to have lots of goodies.

I can't wait to get one of those SC kits on my car. Should be pretty awesome.

Guest Anonymous

correction to what they are planning to do (at least this is what Paul @ ramflo told me):

... they are working on a.... EFI KIT .... for Weber. 1st out was to be a hookup for injection... DGV CARB REPLACEMENT .... in Aug of 2003 followed shortly by a hookup to the M86 DCOE crossover manifold.

Then they were going to make a SC kit for the BMW 2002 utilizing their new EFI kits (hence why they waited to make the SC kits) and they were possibly going to make a DCOE carb SC kit as well if their was demand for it.

Again, this is only what was told to me as I am also wating on the SC kits.

Guest Anonymous

The rumors I've heard is the the EFI is a TB injection (ala cheep chebby) and there is no intercooler for the supercharger.

A third/fourth generation Roots or twin screw will give you +150 degress (F of course) of temperature rise on your air charge (this is from the Eaton site). Without an intercooler this is a big problem.

I hope the guys at Lynx do it right, I'm scratching my head ALOT trying to figure out the bits and pieces, but TB injection with no intercooler is a poor hack.

Cheers!

John N

John N

Guest Anonymous

steve.jpg

perusing the ramflo website, I found this pic, doesnt say if it's their SC or just their ramflo setup with a SC, gets my heart pumpin though.

Guest Anonymous

Putting the fuel in before the charger has some major benefits. Unfortunately an eaton supercharger will not last long with fuel running through it! It was not designed for this. I sure hope they are not planning on what you have suggested.