• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who out there is running front coilover's?? Got a couple of

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

What strut do you use for the front end. The setup I have has aprox. a 4 inch collar with ring, spring and top perch. The seller mentioned to make a tubular spacer at the bottom of the strut housing to hold the strut in place? (HUH!) I figure it will take some time to tweak it to perfection but the help is appreciated

Guest Anonymous

What happens is the inner diameter of the 4 inch collar is usually quite a bit larger then the outer diameter of the struthousing. There is a machined steel collar that fills the void between the collar and the strut. This steel collar also allows you to weld it to the strut since the collar is most likely aluminum. I hope this helps, and drop and email if you need drawings or help otherwise.

Brian

76 02

Guest Anonymous

uses a machined collar that is welded to the 2002 strut. It can be shortened to reduce front shock height.

You really do have to use the '02 strut, since the strut is integral to the spindle, and ne'er the two shall part.

t