• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distrbutor Position

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just installed a 38/38 weber and wow! what a difference. It seems to have restored all the power that I lost when I brought the car to the mountains. I did the initial setup and jetting seemed very good right out of the box. I took it to a local shop for fine tuning and a check on a gas anylizer, and to install a pertronix unit. Jets look to be right on and the ignition seems smooth as silk. But, the mechanic said the distributor was 180 deg. backward and he removed it and re-installed with the vacuum unit pointing towards the carb. I have never seen them installed this way. The dizzy was installed new by a reputable shop 5 years ago ( vacuum unit pointing to firewall) and I never had any ignition problems with it installed that way. Does it matter? Runs great either way.