• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Vents Fabrication

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anyone make some vents out the dash on their 02? I am working with a cracked dash, so butchering it doesn't seem like a travesty. Thinking of using plumbing or surplus aircraft vents to put some vents toward my face. May not even attach to the heater box system... I like hot feet, cold face.

Cosine

Guest Anonymous

harry_pr.jpg

He made holes in the two ends of his dash in the indented portion where the shift pattern logo and heater controls are located. He used "generic" vents which he bought cheap at an auto a/c parts seller.

He also used a blower/evaporator from another car and had air from four vents, the two in the console (Behr faceplate) and the two located at each end of the dashboard. It worked very well and cold air was distributed in a more even manner throughout the interior.

HTH,

Harry

Guest Anonymous

Check out the round vents from an Opel Manta, a hole saw would probably be the easy way to do it. Get your airflow from the boxed area under the hood either side of the heater. Air should be higher pressure and flow right in.

Po man's ac.

Guest Anonymous

If you can find someone with the old (1979!) BMW CCA looseleaf Tech Tips book, there's an article in there on just how to do this. And since the article came from an old Roundel, if you or a friend has the Roundel on CD, you should be able to find the article via the search option. I think they used vents/controls from a Datsun 510...

Good Luck

Mike

Nevada '69

Sahara '73