• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Tricks

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Please email me with the answers.

It's been too long since I've done this, so I'll ask the board:

What is the trick to removing the rear side panels?

What is the trick to removing the rear deck piece (looks like 4 black tabs from inside the trunk... but I don't see how I can get them back through the holes).

The '74 02A goes in for upholstery work on Monday. Although it will not be original, it should look spectacular. I am having the the seats done in Porsche Parchment color leather and the original door panels painted to match (the chrome strip is heat fused on, so it is too hard to get it off and applied if we re-skin the panels... besides there is no water or tearing damage on the panels at all).

Thanks for the help,

Brian

Guest Anonymous

like the ones that hold the edges of the door panels. It is about 2/3 of the way down along the front edge. Then the panel slides up like the door panels to unhook from the top edge. Only it's tight as hell because it's never been off before.

Guest Anonymous

I believe the side panels just pull straight up with no fasteners to remove. I've never had a rear deck that was properly installed, so I don't know that one!

Share lots of pictures of your car with us...

Guest Anonymous

1. Remove seat back (remove seat bottom first)

2. Spot where the plastic holdown clips are by running your fingers over the vinyl 'till you feel the bumps.

3. Carefully slide a long screwdriver or a small prybar (a fmall flat one, not a crowbar) as close to a clip as you can, and then pop the clips up one at a time. That's the best way to keep from breaking 'em.

Good luck

Mike

Nevada '69

Sahara '73