• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess What Happens @8000RPM to Stock Rocker Shafts?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Its a pivot point, if its broken something at one end or the other of the rocker arm caused it. I would suspect the rocker arm itself to fail, as they typically do. My point being the shaft isnt the weakest link. Kind of like saying my blocks got a hole in it because I reved the engine to 10k rpm.

Guest Anonymous

Hmmm, spring pushes one end of rocker up; camshaft pushes other end of rocker up; shaft is the only thing preventing whole rocker from shooting upwards. Head casting bosses prevent shaft from moving up, so stiffness of shaft must be sufficient to prevent bending.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

...I just couldn't resist the temptation - j/k, but I do believe that you were just looking for a reason to go back into that motor (yet again). Keep trying, you'll get 130 horses out of it yet - ha ha ha

Will you be needing any help with the timing again?

Let me know.

Guest Anonymous

Generally a rocker will break, especially if the springs bind up for some reason. But stranger things have happened. Heads and blocks will crack, despite their relatively large size and light loading. Need to see the pics to get a better idea about it.

Mike