• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glenn's Forum Wish List

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Thanks guys. You have come 1000 miles in a few days and I am amazed. Love the preview feature BTW!! Of course when you perform miracles, soon everyone expects more miracles. So here's my wish list:

1. User editable signature that would be stored as a cookie with my personal information. If it could contain HTML (for reference to a sig picture) that would be awesome.

2. Read counter on each message so we know if anyone cares about what we are posting.

3. Ability to highlight threads that I have posted to so I can see responses at a glance.

4. Ability to browse messages that have scrolled off.

5. Indication of picture or link in post (not counting sig picture)

6. Indication of a textless message (I like the NT thing)

Glenn

transitions.gif

Guest Anonymous

transitions.gif

And I really want the link and/or image to appear at the bottom of the message as a sig, sooo...

how about adding another box at bottom for sig and allowing embedded html? Have the Remember Web Info button store that as well? Then I will write a FAQ for you explaining to everyone how to create a reasonable sized signature picture with embedded HTML!

Guest Anonymous

Couple things from your list that already work:

1. There is no signature, but if you check the box marker Remember my web information This way the link and the image that you specify will stay for every message.

2. Read counter might be a bit complicated since it would involve a couple more files for every message to be created :( If someone knows a good way to do this, let me know!

3. We have something like that but not exactly. If you look in View Threads you'll see the last 40 updated threads.

4.View Threads is the way to do it! On that page you'll see View Older Threads link. Click that and you'll see previous 40. And so on.

5. and 6. I am trying to figure this on out.

steve