• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02s in N. California

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey y'all in the SF Bay area--I was up in Guerneville yesterday (driving the new Mini Cooper) and noticed some kind of repair shop on the main street in town (north side.) There were a bunch of Volvos and BMWs--including 4 square taillight 02s (two blue, one black one white) At quick glance they seemed mostly intact. Might be worth checking out...

Cheers

Mike

Nevada '69

Sahara '73

Guest Anonymous

WAAAAAAAY too much fun...I drove it at the U.S. press intro--about 200 miles all over those twisty roads N. of SF in Marin county. The thing sticks like glue, has surprisingly good performance for 1.6 L and 115 hp and is just plain fun. The handling is so neutral you wouldn't know it's a front driver. No Cooper S models yet (supercharged, 163 hp)but have been promised one to drive. If you're a BMW CCA member, my article should be in the June Roundel issue.

Cheers

Mike