• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

100 octane in San Jose

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but I found 100 Octane sold at the pump in San Jose. It is on the Union 76 on Almaden and Foxworthy. The price is about $4 a gallon. Steve you could stop by on the way to the Marina auto-x for a couple of gallons. Are you going to be there this weekend?

.._____

/orig.gif___orig.gif\

[O=00=O]

#=====#

CLICK FOR BIMMER STUFF

More STUFF

Guest Anonymous

Agreed, on my last 02 I ran nothing but 87 octane with nary a peep. But now like a few people on this board I run a high compression motor. That, advanced timing and no knock sensors make our m10's ping a little. A gallon of 100 lets me advance the timing a little more without any pinging. Just thought I pass the find to those that can use this very expensive octane booster.

Oh for those who are wondering the ratio on the mixing is linear. if you mix one gallon of 100 with 9 gallons of 91 the easy way to figure out your resulting octane is to multiply 9 x 91 and then add a 100 for the 1 gallon of high octane. Divide that by 10 and it will give you 91.9 octane.

as usual feel free to correct me.

take care

Miguel

.._____

/orig.gif___orig.gif\

[O=00=O]

#=====#

CLICK FOR BIMMER STUFF

More STUFF