• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For those who want to get rid of the fake wood grain "l

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.my2002tii.com/how_to_dash_gauges.htm

The fake wood grain panel on the later cars was just something BMW snapped onto the gauge cluster assembly for a "change" (for the worse). It is easy to get rid of; you just need the black and chrome rings from '73 or older gauge cluster. Here's what my '76 interior looks like now:

silver+bezels.jpg

If you think this looks good, it's an easy way to please yourself. Get some rings, spray paint them whatever color you like, and totally take apart your gauge cluster, reassmebling with the rings instead of the fake wood grain panel. It's REALLY self explainatory once you have taken one apart. Oh, and be careful, you might need two flathead screw drivers to untwist the bezels. Also, check out the link to Keith's webpage for other things you can do to improve lighting in there.

Guest Anonymous

I have a 3 piece dash in my '74, but the '74 guage pod doesnt really fit in the older dash. Wonder if i can change it...

guages.jpg