• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M44 out of 98 318

DriftDisciple

Hey guys, got this motor cus it developed a valve tick, and the owner of the car thought it was rod nock so parked it and baught a new (used) engine from Bavarian, he drove the car to my shop and immediately knew it was a valve tick but since he had already baught the new replacement he wanted to swap them just to be safe. Car had 100k on the od but as to whether or not the engine has that is unknown.

Engine has harness (uncut) clutch/flywheel still bolted on, only thing engine doesnt come with is alternator, power steering pump, ac pump. All mounts are there for accessories though. The harness and intake manifold has been pulled from block but all connectors are color matched and all bolts are individually baged and labeled

Was going to use this motor for my '69 2002 but im thinking selling it or trading it for some m10 stuff or a good 4spd. Price is negotiable was thinking around 350 would be fair or let me know what you got (805) 746-36five2 pics upon request email is aae36drift@gmail

1/2 the power, twice your skill

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give you an idea of what these engines go for and by no means am I bashing your price, I got my complete m42 swap( engine, trans, driveshaft, radiator, fuel pump, wiring, etc.. for $500 with around 100K on it). just my $.02

1979 e21 318 (sold)

1975 Inka (sold)

1983 e21 320i (sold)

1974 Polaris (sold)

1975 M42 Swap (work in progress)

Just to give you an idea of what these engines go for and by no means am I bashing your price, I got my complete m42 swap( engine, trans, driveshaft, radiator, fuel pump, wiring, etc.. for $500 with around 100K on it). just my $.02

Hmm.. well.... i'll put an adjusted price in the op, figured i'd put a price and let people talk me down a ways, really need a trans though so hoping someone throws a trade for a 4 spd out there

1/2 the power, twice your skill