• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT, Just got back from go kart practise - what a blast

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Our BMW Club chapter is hosting an Enduro Kart Race tommorrow, so our team went to the track to practise today. Karts are great for getting that track junkie "fix" here in wintertime Michigan.

Would have been nice to grow up with parents who owned a go kart track, like Michael & Ralf Schumacher did. They turned it into a pretty nice day job, eh? ;^]..

// John

Guest Anonymous

Zero tolerance for what many would consider normal contact seems a drag, but nevertheless I've been there many times... If the drive doesn't seem too far relatively speaking, myself and a tiny number of other '02 people are to be found in the area. Perhaps come spring we could get together there or elsewhere. I'm at 22 Mile off of Van Dyke (Dykeland shopping center is sadly no longer with us...) , whereas others are scattered around perhaps a twenty-mile radius. Just a thought...

Mike Kotwick

'74 Malaga

Guest Anonymous

Mike,

I experienced the new Black Flag policy a couple weeks ago, during an event where our local RSR PCA group rented the track.

I can understand them wanting to prevent losses to equipment, but penalizing _both_ drivers in any contact is stupid. Good news was that yesterday things were back to normal, I guess it depends who's minding the store.

If you've been there a lot, have you noticed that the karts get slower each month? They did say there are new karts & a new track layout coming.

Come on up & say hi if you're close by! I'm in team MCW (Motor City Wrenchers).

//John