• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[ASK] Help! Identifying the 1600-2 car VIN 1552583

Joshes

Hi all,

First of all, I'd like to indtro my self.

My name's Josh. Live in Jakarta, Indonesia.

I'm about to purchase a 1600-2.

The vin / plate number is: 1552583.

I need to learn about the car before purchasing tommorow. It is a right hand drive and we are still arguing of what year the car is.

The paperwork stated 1970 but the car was imported in 1974 and known as a 1974 1600-2.

I hope somebody can help me out to identify the VIN 1552583 - or if anybody can point a decoder for classic VIN BMW car.

I have tried realoem but it came out for E30 4 door saloon LHD as the decoder ask for the last 7 digit - this car has only 7 digit vin (see attached pic).

Please kindly help me out.

Lastly, sorry if this VIN issue has been discussed on other posts. I did a searchon VIn but unable to source a decoder.

Again thank you all good folks!

Josh

2qu3us9.jpg

[/img]

Wow!

Thank you for your reply Willie.

Now I've more confident in going on with the purchase.

Btw, do you have a chart book of BMW vin numbers or something?

It's just cool. I've been googling and all but always end up in newer BMW vin decoder which lead me to an E30.

Thanks again!

Josh

BMW will respond with information regarding the build date, the location of the importer and the date the importer took ownership (not necessarily physical delivery) of the car

Just send an email to info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com and expect a response within 48 hours.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara