• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 2002tii in Richmond, VA $12500

ClayW

NM/NA

Anyone know this car?

5L55M75J13K23Ga3H7c8i9e115069755212c1.jpg

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3214608358.html

1974 2002tii for sale:

Total babe magnet, head turner, blast to drive car.

I am the second owner in the past 20 years. The previous owner was a total 2002 nut. He was meticulous with rebuilding this car, and more importantly, he had the money ship the car to Korman to do it right.

Korman Autowerks did a bare metal restoration on this car in 1999/2000. I have $20k+ in receipts and documents from that restoration. Since then, all maintenance has been done at Sportscar Workshops in Richmond, Virginia.

Originally Amazon Green, repainted British Racing Green - it's actually pretty close to the original color.

Less than 15k miles put on the car since the Korman restoration. Odometer stopped working at 85k a couple of years ago. Considering that everything has been rebuilt, I never cared at all to fix the odometer. I drive the car twice a week - about 5 miles each day.

Drives great. No bumps, no squeaks, no rattles. Pulls hard. Needs nothing to be daily driven. I wouldn't and don't hesitate to drive it anywhere. With the 5 speed transmission, this car hums down the highway just fine. With the Korman road/sport suspension package and the beefy swaybars, there is barely any body roll. It really is a drivers car - organic and analog. Working sunroof!

Korman did a complete engine rebuild, all new suspension, 5 speed transmission, new paint, new moldings all around, new carpet, reupholstered seats. It needed a little refreshing so the car was resprayed in 2009 with what I call a "sympathetic" paint job. It's not perfect - has a couple of cracks here and there. It passes the 5 foot test and is still a total head turner. No dings, no dents. Strut towers look great. There is a small amout of surface rust in the spare tire well. Never bothered me, but the new owner might want to hit it with a steel brush and a respray.

I bought the car the day that it was listed for sale about 6 months ago and have loved driving it. I actually got into a bidding war with someone else who was also trying to buy it that day. I'm only selling to pursue a new business venture.

The car is located in Richmond, Virginia.

I plan on posting a sign on it at Cars & Coffee next weekend.

$12,500 OBO

Here are the main bullet points:

Korman Stage 1 Engine:

160 horsepower build with new:

9.5:1 Mahle pistons

Connecting rods

Rod bearings

Rocker arms

Rocker shafts

Crank shaft pilot bearing

Valve guides

Oil Pump

Water pump

Slide rails

Replaced all Gaskets/seals

Timing chain

Dyno tuning

Port matched all cylinder head openings

Swirl polished valves

5 angle valve job

Mechanical advance distributor

Bosch sport ignition coil

K&N filter

Stahl ceramic coater header

Performance exhaust (sounds great! loud enough to be exhilarating but not obnoxious)

5 speed transmission

Korman Road/Sport Suspension Package:

Rebuilt front and rear suspension

Urethane bushings

Sport springs

Bilstein HD front shocks

Bilstein HD rear shocks

22mm front sway bar

19mm rear sway bar

Peened and plated hardware

Powdercoated all suspension components

Brakes and Other Stuff:

Rebuilt steering linkage

Rebuilt axle halfshafts, peened and painted all parts

Replaced all wheel bearings

Replaced all brake lines with steel braided lines

All brake hoses and tubing replaced

Front big brake conversion

Ventilated rotors

Larger calipers

New brake pads

Rear big brake conversion

Short shift kit

Quick ratio steering gear box

Rebuilt rear differential

Interior and Extra Parts:

New carpet

New mats

New trunk mat

5 genuine Panasport wheels with 185/60R14 tires

New chrome trim and moldings

Hella driving lamps (pics don't show the covers - have new Hella covers for the lights)

New windshield

All new rubber gaskets and window moldings

Burlwood shifter

Jackie Stewart race wheel

Powdercoated front and rear strut towers

Undercoated entire under chassis

Year 2009

Custom drive shaft from Sportscar Workshops

Rebuilt 5 speed shift linkage

New tires

New BRG respray

Rebuilt starter

New electronic ignition

Year 2012:

New voltage regulator

New alternator

New hazard switch

That sums up most of it. I have documentation and receipts from Korman Autoworks for all work done. Since 1999/2000, it's really just been oil changes and the last couple sets of bullets points that you see.

After combing through the details - if you're prepared to spend $12,500 on a really, really well sorted 2002tii - email me. Will come with 2 car covers.

I'd really like to see the car go to an enthusiast.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Don't know the car, but if anyone needs a local to check it out, I'm your guy. The pics were taken in front of Virginia House, Windsor Farms, a high rent neighborhood.

Hey MartyR, you still looking? This one looks like a driver.

Cheers,

MFB, in Richmond, VA

73 tii in pieces in the garage.

Too rich and big-bumpered for my blood. Nice ride nonetheless!

too many fish, not enough time